Search This Blog

Monday, March 14, 2011


I've now received permission from the American Red Cross to use their name in my efforts to raise money to help with the relief efforts in Japan. I feel very fortunate to have received this so quickly as they are, understandably, totally overwhelmed.

I feel that no matter how much I raise, it won't be as much as I'd like to give. I am constantly promoting my shop, and have had so many people feature my items in treasuries (150 so far!) and many 'hearts' on my items/shop, but very few people actually purchase anything. Add to that the fact that the items I've sold have already got 40% off them, means my net profits are quite small. However, I know that I have $33.95 to donate so far. Perhaps by putting this out into the ether will mean that my efforts will be repaid by lots of sales before the end of March. My goal is to raise at least $100 to donate which is either lots of bags in the sales, or one or two regular bags.
So dear blog, I think this is called 'The Secret' - visualizing what you want so that it can happen. Let's hope it works!